Post Masters Required Experience
After graduation, the applicant for licensure is required to obtain supervised experience as follows:
- 1800 hours of supervised experience
- 600 hours per year
- 90 hours of supervision
- 30 hours per year
- Two years of this supervision must be by an LPC
- Supervisor with an LPC needs 3 years of post-licensure experience
- Supervisor with a specialist degree must have 2 years of post- licensure experience
- Supervisor with a doctoral degree must have 1 year of post-licensure experience
Post Graduation Plans
- Apply to become an Associate Licensed Counselor.
- Complete the supervised experience portion.
- Apply to become a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Continuing Education & Specialization:
In addition to applying for licensure, Jen plans on pursuing training and certification in the following:
- Trauma Certificate from Richmont Graduate University
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)